South Central, KS US
Career 1 Source is looking for an accounting professional to join a growing community bank in South Central Kansas as their Controller.
What’s in it for you:
- The opportunity to lead the accounting function of the Bank as you see fit.
- Leadership support to accomplish your goals.
- Be a part of the decision making team for the Bank.
- An environment where you will learn all areas of the Bank.
- Strong compensation and benefits.
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for the accounting functions of the Bank.
- Review income and expense general ledger entries for appropriateness and assures all monthly entries have been made, accrued or prepaid for the month before month end close.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly financial reports for bank leadership.
- Prepares and reviews quarterly call reports and other monthly and quarterly reports as required.
- Prepares general ledger entries and reviews for all bank transactions and accounts.
- Other duties as assigned.
A successful candidate for this Controller job will possess the following:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or other business related degrees.
- Experience in accounting for a financial services company.
- Basic knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations, and other Bank operational policies.
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Strong emotional intelligence.
- A desire to grow professionally.
Compensation: Willing to compete.
Desired Location: South Central Kansas
Career 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level recruiting since 2008, our network runs deep. If this role isn't quite the right fit for you, but, are still open to exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Controller job.