Job Summary for the Controls Engineer includes (but not limited to):
- Utilize electrical/controls knowledge to comprehend all facets of the electrical/controls assembly, electrical component installations and quality process of the company's product lines
- Assist in the design of automated systems.
- Optimization of current automation cells.
- Provide data for suggested modifications.
- Review and evaluate code.
- Evaluates all relevant ergonomic, safety, environmental and compliance considerations when reviewing processes, designs and implementations.
- Interaction with manufacturing, maintenance, automation vendors, quality and other department supervisors or managers to solve and correct existing and expected manufacturing problems
- Work with Purchasing Team to secure necessary equipment.
- Coordinate out-sourced work with vendors.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of and commitment to Lean Manufacturing principles and techniques
- Travel as needed to customer locations (domestic and/or international) to install or troubleshoot with high regard to customer service and quality
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of Associates Degree from an accredited technical institution
- B.S. degree in Electrical Technology or Engineering Technology or related field a plus
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in implementing control systems; design experience preferred
- Proficiency in understanding programming logic
- Programming experience in college or industry
- PLC programming experience
- Excellent organizational skills and experience with customer relations
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- A proven understanding of electrical/controls engineering and assembly, project management, and quality assurance programs
- Ability to travel 35% of time, sometimes for extended periods and over weekends (both domestic and international); must be able to obtain a passport
- Ability to be a self-starter and work alone at times
- Auto CAD
- Salary of $55,000 -75,000 based on experience
- Comprehensive benefits package including Medical/Dental/Vision
Job Keywords: automation, controls, controls engineering, controls engineer, automation engineer, electrical technician, PLC, PLC programming
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Controls Engineer job.