Health and Safety Manager
South Central, KS US
Health & Safety Manager
Career 1 Source is searching for an experienced Health & Safety Manager for a great healthcare client in South Central Kansas. This is a fantastic opportunity to serve as a Safety Officer with a stable organization that is truly making a difference in its community and beyond.
What’s in it for you:
- The opportunity to work for a very well-respected healthcare system in South Central Kansas.
- The chance to take ownership in and build a formal safety program with a broad spectrum of responsibilities.
- The ability to participate as a leader and have a true impact on the ongoing protection and success of an excellent healthcare organization.
- An excellent compensation and benefit package.
What you will be doing:
- Develop and oversee a comprehensive health and safety program, serving as the healthcare system Safety Officer.
- Establishing a culture of safety organization wide.
- Working with key leaders and stakeholders to define, evaluate and manage organizational safety risks, including Occupational Safety and Health (OSHA) compliance and participate in onsite Joint Commission (TJC) Readiness team.
- Managing accident investigation process, reporting on the results and developing an action plan to prevent future incidents.
- Managing the workers compensation program and claims.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive fleet safety program for all company vehicles, ensuring compliance with regulations and industry best practices.
A successful candidate for this Health & Safety Manager position will possess the following:
- At least 6+ years of Health and Safety management experience is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Business Administration, or a related field of study.
- A master's degree in safety or related field is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional certifications such as Certified Workers' Compensation Professional (CWCP), Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Fleet Specialist (CFS), or equivalents are highly desirable.
Compensation and Benefits: Compensation and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.
Desired Location: The Health and Safety Manager will be located in South Central Kansas.
Career 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level recruiting since 2008, our network runs deep. If this role isn't quite the right fit for you, but, are still open to exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Health & Safety Manager job.