To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience - Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year technical college or university; or three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer Skills - To perform this job successfully, an individual will be required to use a computer, Microsoft Office (Excel, Internet Explorer, Outlook Express and Word) and AutoCAD and Solid Works design software. Learning EVO-ERP database software (Manufacturing and Inventory) will be required.
- Understand hydraulics
- Safety training
- Must be able to travel 5% of the time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops more productive manufacturing processes by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials, conferring with equipment vendors and soliciting observations from operators.
- Increases productivity and production throughput, with a major focus on robot welding and the handling and tooling to make robot welding as productive as possible.
- Develops, designs, has built and implements tooling to increase worker productivity and production throughput, with a major focus on robot welding.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Other duties as assigned.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Manufacturing Engineer job.