Wichita, KS 67201
Ag 1 Source is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer who can analyze and plan utilization of facilities, equipment, materials and personnel to determine efficient utilization of resources throughout the manufacturing facility.
What’s in it for you:
- To work with a growing stable company that is family owned and the best in their industry and has been around for 60 years.
- This company invests in their employees and works to promote internally
- You can do your job with little to no bureaucracy, they pride themselves on their independence so they can focus on the customer and a quality product.
What you will be doing:
- Reviews current production methods, including time studies, and makes recommendations for improvements in material handling and storage to reduce waste and cost in the process.
- Audit production standards and maintain data.
- Maintain records relative to tooling needs, repairs and modification.
- Prepares requests for estimates and/or awarding jobs to maintain tools and dies.
- Monitor preventative maintenance schedule for tools and dies.
- Design new tools and be responsible for usability through first audited production run.
- Develop a manufacturing plan and cost of new products.
- Researches equipment and assists in the selection of vendors for new equipment purchase.
- Assist in building prototypes and working with production personnel.
- Knowledge of OSHA safety standards with regards to manufacturing.
- Audit, evaluate, assess and alter safety procedures to ensure compliance.
- Participates in the establishment and communication of safety policies.
- Experience with CAD to develop, design and recommend plant and equipment layouts.
A successful candidate for this Manufacturing Engineer role will possess the following:
- Four-year degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or a related field
- 8 years experience in manufacturing with an emphasis in sheet metal manufacturing preferred.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office, database and CAD software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of production and manufacturing processes
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to research, analyze, and evaluate data
Compensation: You can expect 80,000 base plus bonus (based on experience).
Benefits: This position provides bonus potential, life insurance, major medical, dental, long-term disability, medical and dependent care spending accounts, paid vacation and a 401K retirement plan.
Desired Location: The Manufacturing Engineer will be located in Wichita, KS.
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn't quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Manufacturing Engineer job.