Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Are you interested in joining one of the best farm equipment manufacturers in the world? If so, we have an outstanding opportunity available in Wisconsin for a Manufacturing Engineering Manager. The company has a long history of providing exceptional equipment solutions to producers that lead to improved productivity and efficiency for their operations. They pride themselves on providing the best customer service and support in the industry.
The Manufacturing Engineering Manager plans, directs, and coordinates all manufacturing engineering and technical phases of manufacturing; methods, operations, standards, material routing, plant layout, facilities, and more. To achieve the most economical cost of manufacturing and highest level of quality.
We are looking for someone that can:
- Drive continuous improvements in manufacturing processes by providing vision, guidance, and resources to the design, custom fabrication, and production personnel.
- Strive to provide the best products in the industry at the lowest cost and highest level of quality.
- Solve problems and make improvements by listening to your customers, employees, and suppliers and working together to implement the best solutions.
- Develop technical and product knowledge/expertise within the manufacturing engineering team and challenge employees to be the very best.
- Treat people fairly.
- Facilitate process improvement teams and continuous improvement efforts. Establish goals and objectives for the department consistent with overall engineering objectives.
- Develop and/or source training programs to educate manufacturing employees in continuous improvement processes, methods, team building, etc. (ie: 5S, VSM, etc.).
- Provide strong leadership by taking responsibility for the performance of the department, including timely completion of projects and providing guidance in design decisions made by the engineering staff.
- Review new designs during the product development phase and recommend modifications to minimize cost, ensure quality, and conform to production capabilities and limitations. Recommend design modifications to permit the most favorable manufacturing methods.
- Determine methods for manufacturing during design of new production and product modifications.
- Critique manufacturing processes for cost effectiveness, productivity, quality, safety, and feasibility. Determine priorities with Director of Operations and implement cost-reduction projects.
- Oversee investigation, justification and purchase of all Company manufacturing assets.
- Oversee plant layout and work with the Director of Operations in all necessary construction and plant expansion projects.
- Develop a high level of knowledge about our products by talking to customers and dealers, attending trade shows, working with customer service and field engineering, and educating yourself about our competitors.
- Provide technical engineering support for design and manufacturing issues.
- Maintain liaison with production, design engineering, production and inventory control, and sales to coordinate designs & manufacturing for the purpose of efficient production.
- Provide timely response and resolution to safety, quality, and production issues.
- Communicate effectively with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Provide/oversee technical training or any other assigned training.
- Oversee compliance with environmental issues.
- Strive to continually improve and be the best Manufacturing Engineering Department in the industry.
We are looking for a leader that can:
- Direct, coordinate and supervise manufacturing engineering (exempt and non-exempt) staff, providing appropriate support, guidance, and discipline to achieve department and individual objectives.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; performance management; addressing complaints; and resolving problems.
- Communicate and lead significant change efforts by delegating tasks, setting expectations, and holding employees accountable for results.
- Maintain communication with other departments and project teams, provide written reports as required, and attend department and staff meetings.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial or manufacturing engineering or similar engineering discipline.
- Minimum of five years experience directing the work of manufacturing engineering personnel in a manufacturing environment.
- Prior experience in a heavy industrial environment, preferably ag. equipment.
- Strong background in machining, metal fabrication, welding, paint, and assembly is required.
- Knowledge and experience with lean manufacturing a plus.
Job Keywords: welding, machining, metal fabrication, manufacturing engineering, lean manufacturing, heavy equipment manufacturing, engineering management
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Manufacturing Engineering Manager job.