Ag 1 Source is looking for a Process Engineer to fill a role outside of Wichita, Kansas. We are looking for someone who can be responsible for all the manufacturing processes, ensure they are working efficiently and effectively to reduce waste, and ensure a quality product is being produced. We need someone who can manage process improvement and solve technical operating problems.
What’s in it for you:
- You will be working for a company that prides itself on quality products
- You will be able to help a growing company operate more effectively and efficiently
- You will be able to put your Lean manufacturing knowledge to use
- You will be able to train and lead others
- You will grow in your career
What you will be doing:
- Ensure adherence to manufacturing quality standards.
- Utilize both destructive and non-destructive techniques.
- Investigate corrosion and metal fatigue/ failures.
- Engineer and manage continuous efforts to improve OEE, productivity and capabilities of equipment and products by working with managers to improve the process.
- Research and assimilate information generated by others with the aim of solving relevant metallurgical issues.
- Review processes and activities related to the development of new processes, including researching current and emerging technologies, evaluation of process costs and quality with the use of statistical analysis, root cause and other current related tools.
- Establish standardized work procedures and continually check processes for improvement
- Lead and coordinate activities to ensure knowledge creation/sharing and integration within the department and throughout the organization.
- Participate in developing work programs and project activities such as assessments, position papers, brainstorming, making presentations and special studies.
A successful candidate for this Process Engineer will possess the following:
- Extensive knowledge of secondary processes of metals, such as surface treatments, coatings and metals hardening and annealing. Investigate sources of non-conforming materials
- Knowledge of engineering science and technology, including applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Knowledge of OEE improvement and control processes including but not limited to Kaizen; change over times; fault analysis; lean manufacturing methodologies for cost reduction, production and continuous improvement;
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawing, and models
- Knowledge of advanced math and their applications
- Knowledge of computer software, including Access, Microsoft Word and Excel, PowerPoint, CAD (Catia or Solid Works); Material Resource Planning, Mini Tab and SAP preferred
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacturing of goods and Kaizen, 5S and Six Sigma training tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with personnel at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work well under deadlines, and ability to work well with a cross-functional team to accomplish results
- Ability to perform with superior service, reflecting a positive company image while sustaining a positive attitude with those you interact with; always going above and beyond to help others out, regardless of their position or department
- Ability to adhere to the highest standards of quality while continually performing at the highest possible level
Compensation: You can expect to earn 60-80K based on level of experience.
Benefits: This company offers a great benefit package.
Desired Location: The Process Engineer position is located outside of Wichita, KS and is willing to relocate the right candidate.
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn't quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Process Engineer job.