Research and Design Engineer
Research and Design Engineer
A cutting-edge equipment manufacturer, that is an innovator in their field, has a great opportunity for a successful Research and Design Engineer.
The qualified Research and Design Engineer will possess product development and project management skills, test and gather data, and work within a 3D CAD program.
The background we are seeking:
- 5 plus years - product development experience required
- Experience working in a Research and Development project environment
- Ability to set up tests, gather data, and draw meaningful conclusions
- Preferred experience with the development of precision agriculture application
- Experience with 3D CAD such as Solidworks, Inventor, ProE
- Experience with simulation methods addressing FEA or CFD
- Mobile Equipment experience would be ideal
- Fluid Power schematics, components, and systems knowledge is preferred
- Proficiency with numerical analysis software (MATLAB, Maple, Mathematical, etc.)
- Some travel up to 25% to field test sites possibly worldwide
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Evaluate and develop electrical and electronic system specifications, products, components and applications by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of electrical materials and products.
- Actively participate in activities necessary to generate and maintain product designs in the area of precision agricultural equipment
- Participate in engineering design through all phases of the process including development, project management, prototype, pre-production, qualification and product design maintenance.
- Conduct research and study results, both in lab and in field.
- Interface closely with production and purchasing personnel to identify, approve suppliers, conduct design and drawing reviews, and deviation requests and provide support and information as required.
- Participate in and support research of current product performance shortcomings with respect to function, reliability, and usability.
- Use appropriate engineering techniques, processes and technology to produce cost effective designs considering applicable safety and environmental regulations and standards.
- Travel to distributor and customer sites, supplier facilities and field test locations to participate in the product evaluation process and to resolve problems, investigate functional issues, explore design alternatives and provide manufacturing support.
- Participate in software, policy and procedure training as required to maintain/increase technical proficiency and stay up-to-date.
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree in engineering with an emphasis in Mechanical Design and/or Fluid Mechanics disciplines.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Research and Design Engineer job.